Who We Are
Alyra was established in December 2003 and since then advised on over $6.1 billion in renewable energy M&A transactions.
Mohammed J. Alam, the principal at Alyra, has been focused on renewable energy since the late 90s and has closed over $8.4 billion in energy transactions during his career. Mr. Alam has also been appointed to various public sector advisory positions in the renewable energy and sustainability areas. As a member of the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Advisory Committee, he advised the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke on issues related to global competitiveness of the U.S. renewable energy industry. Mr. Alam is one of the founding members of the Advisory Board at the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness, Boston, Massachusetts and also serves on the board of directors at ServiceNet, a leading health and human services organization in Massachusetts. In 2011 Mr. Alam participated in the Antarctic Renewable Energy Expedition, organized by polar explorer Robert Swan to increase climate change awareness among business and policy leaders from around the world.
Recent Engagement Highlights
· Advisor to Aspenall Energies regarding the acquisition of 21 MW Grant County Wind project from Olympus Power.
· Advisor to Patriot Renewables regarding the sale of ownership interest in the 34.2 MW Saddleback Ridge Wind project in Carthage, ME, to an affiliate of Hartz Capital.
· Exclusive Advisor to major European renewable energy development firm regarding strategic evaluation of its US wind power business.
· Exclusive Advisor to major Asian renewable energy development firm regarding acquisition of a contracted 40 MW solar PV project.
· Exclusive Advisor to ARRCON Wind/The Conti Group, regarding the sale of its 550 MW wind power portfolio.
· Advisor to NRG Energy regarding acquisition of renewable energy projects, including a 109 MW operating wind power project.
· Exclusive Advisor to Duke Energy regarding its acquisition of 1 GW wind power assets of Tierra Energy.
· Advisor to Duke Energy regarding the acquisition of Catamount Energy, including over 300 MW of operating assets and over 2 GW of development-stage assets.
· Exclusive Advisor to Project Resources Corp. regarding a strategic transaction to fund a wind power development portfolio in the Midwest.
· Exclusive Advisor to Spinnaker Energy regarding buyout of a 707 MW wind and solar power development portfolio from Martifer Renewables.
· Senior Advisor to Soltage regarding corporate development and project financing.
· Advisor to a regional solar PV development company regarding the sale of a 23 MW solar PV project portfolio.
· Exclusive Advisor to a major strategic investor regarding a $80 million wind power portfolio acquisition opportunity.
· Exclusive Advisor to a major strategic investor regarding a $50 million acquisition of a solar PV development company.
· Advisor to Duke Energy regarding investment and joint venture opportunities in the solar thermal and photovoltaic power sectors.